I Am The Other Mom

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Our Wedding Anniversary - June 18th

Yes, it's that time again. Our anniversary is Sunday, June 18th. It's our 12th. But you know, that pales in light of how long we've known each other - since 1975.

We met in Keflavik, Iceland. I was 21 and she was 19. Both of us already had a Significant Other, but they were stateside - and we weren't. Needless to say, we became extremely close - we were drawn to each other. Iceland is a very, very cold place! But, while our time together was sweet, it was finite. In 1976, I had to leave Iceland and go to Guam (and thaw out) and not long after I left, she went to London. We didn't see each other again until 1982.

At that time she was in a relationship that lasted until 1993 - and then I asked her to visit me in California. From the moment I saw her, I knew we would make a life together. From that time forward we do periodically kicked ourselves for not getting together back in 1982. Oh well. Hindsight - 20/20. We need a better crystal ball.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate with the kidlets by going to a movie and out to dinner. My kind of celebration.






4 comment(s):

Happy Anniversary. Your story is so very sweet...I'm kind of tearing up here, really. Bless you both and your girls.

And no, don't have the Prius yet...grrrr. It's a long story. I'll give it another month before moving on to another kind of car.

By Blogger Taradharma, at 6/17/2006 9:53 PM  

tdharma - Thanks for the good wishes! I'm happy you stopped by for a bit.

By Blogger Tawanda, at 6/17/2006 11:30 PM  

Happy belated anniversary!

By Blogger Gina, at 6/18/2006 12:13 PM  

e: it's a case of "coulda woulda shoulda."

g: thanks for stopping by. We had a great time!

By Blogger Tawanda, at 6/20/2006 7:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home